06 April 2010

signs of summer ('09)

So, what are the things that signal the start of summer for the Jamrobbers?
1. Vibrant colours emerging in the garden and the sunshine catching them, and lingering there.



2. The green grass of our parks dry enough to laze on. Picnics and sandals and short sleeves and frisbees.






3. The joyous freedom that the school holidays bring.




4. Meeting with friends to say our fond farewells before departing southward across the seas for a fair old stretch of weeks.



5. Luggage and early-morning airports and butterflies in tummies and 'goodbye Irish rain'.

1 comment:

Shona Cole said...

Vanessa, my computer is in the shop so I am on Matthew's old computer going throug my old bookmarks and found this blog! I didn't have it bookmarked on my laptop. So fun to see your happy family photos. You are really talented at photography, it is amazing how bright you make Ireland look. I never think of Ireland as bright, but more watery, my Irish photos are always more faded... I like your perspective it makes me think a little differently about DUblin... isn't that what art is all about?
looking forawrd to see your crew in June... next month! it will be fun to see how they have grown since these 09 photos.
shona